We, Ian Brett, aka Captain Vancouver, and the entire back office support team, respect our customers and understand that you may have concerns about privacy, so we have instituted privacy policies intended to ensure that your personal information is handled safely and responsibly.
* The kinds of Personal Information we collect from users of the Site and how that information is collected;
* How we use your Personal Information;
* The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties;
* How you can access, update or delete any Personal Information collected about you by us; and
* The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
Information Captain Vancouver Collects
Besides Personal Information, when you access the Site our web servers may automatically recognize and collect information regarding your referring domain, your type of internet browser, operating system software, screen resolution, cookie preferences and similar technical data. None of this information is personally identifiable and we use this information only in the aggregate, to measure overall Site usage patterns and trends.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Information where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If a child under the age of 18 has provided our website with personally identifiable information, we ask that such child's parent or guardian call (604) 968-7539 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
If we publish Postings that you submit to us for potential publication, we may identify you as the source of such information by first name, last initial and city of residence or as otherwise indicated on the applicable submission pages. Any information about yourself submitted in a "public" area of our Site and/or other areas or features, may allow members of the general public to view such submitted information and content on the Internet, may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet,and you have no expectation of or right to privacy with regard to any such Posting. We have no obligation to monitor any Postings, particularly as to the content of e-cards or similar features where visitors have the option of creating a message. Such public areas and features offered therein are public and not private communications. The security of any information you disclose is not guaranteed; you make such Postings and disclosures at your own risk. We are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or offensive material contained in any content posted in any public areas or any decisions made or actions taken or not taken based on such information or content.
Accuracy and Confidentiality
It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Links to Other Sites
We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the Site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers' personal identity data and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use "spoofed" e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging sensitive Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and Social Security Numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such e-mail communication, please forward it immediately to the Site's Privacy Officer at email@example.com, and then immediately delete the fraudulent e-mail from your computer.
Canada's new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) came into effect as of July 1, 2014. If consent cannot be implied, then express consent is required. Express consent means that the recipient has been asked for consent and has responded affirmatively. Even if consent has been given for email updates, our electronic newsletters have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email, simply click if you no longer with to receive comunications. If a physical flyer or newseltter is received and not wanted, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and house address and you will be excluded from any future mailings.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also may use electronic image requests (also called "web beacons" or "single-pixel gifs") to count page views and to access cookies. The web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any Personal Information; they are used only to compile anonymous information about Site usage.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities or entities that are not our advertisers, except in the limited circumstances listed below. When we plan to disclose your Personal Information to advertisers, we ask for you to opt-in to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to the advertisers' own privacy policies. We may disclose Personal Information to affiliates for marketing and/or administrative purposes and you will have the right to opt-out of such disclosure for marketing purposes.
How Captain Vancouver Uses the Information
Except for Personal Information which you submit to a public area or section of our Site, it is our policy to maintain all Personal Information as confidential except as may be necessary to fulfill a function or purpose such as those listed below:
* for the specific purpose for which it was submitted (for example, to enter a sweepstakes, submit a testimonial, or to receive product information)
* to post on the Site, testimonials, photographs, questions, comments, or other information that you may submit to us for potential publication, subject to any disclosure or other terms and conditions found on the submission page.
* to improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site
* to trace our visitors' use of the Site for internal research purposes
* to contact you to participate in market research which you have agreed to receive
* to notify our visitors of updates to the Site
* to send catalogs, printed materials, offers and other announcements to your home address and to allow our affiliates and other reputable third party marketers to do the same
* to send e-mail offers, announcements, or newsletters to your e-mail address and to allow our affiliates to do the same
* to provide any necessary notices to our visitors
Additionally, we may disclose specific information about you in our possession upon governmental request or if required to do so by law or based on our belief, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary to conform to or comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or is necessary to protect our Site, our business and assets, the users of our Site or the public, in general.
Provided that you register on our Site, except for Personal Information needed to complete your purchase of products, if any, and in the event the Site does not have a "My Account" link to pages containing the Personal Information you wish to access, you may request that: (i) we correct or update any such Personal Information; (ii) such Personal Information not be provided to third parties; or (iii) such Personal Information be removed from our active marketing databases. To make such a request, send an e-mail to email@example.com, write to Ian Brett aka Captain Vancouver, Multiple Realty Ltd., 768 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5W 3C1. When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, postal address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly. Please also note that each time we send you an e-mail message, we will give you the option to unsubscribe from our e-mail list by simply clicking the unsubscribe link. However, we may continue to contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any promotions or contests you have participated in or have entered, goods and/or services you have ordered, or other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
(1) The contents of the Captain Vancouver Real Estate Website * site (the "Site"), such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Site ("Content") belong to Ian Brett.
(2) Ian Brett owns the following trademarks, names, words, phrases, logos, symbols and designs, which are used to identify or distinguish the goods and services we provide to our clients. With exception to MLS® reciprocity agreements. No REALTOR® or Brokerage is permitted to use these names, words, phrases, logos, symbols or designs.
Captain Vancouver®. All Rights Reserved.
(3) Captain Vancouver provides data relating to real estate on this web and it's affiliate websites as part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver. Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLSR logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver and Captain Vancouver. Captain Vancouver Real Estate Inc. makes every effort to ensure that the information and data contained on this website is correct. However, Captain Vancouver Real Estate, its affiliates and agents cannot accept liability or guarantee that the information and data provided is up-to-date, correct and complete. This also applies for all other websites referred to by means of a hyperlink. Nor is Captain Vancouver responsible for the contents of such websites reached by means of such a link. Captain Vancouver reserves the right to modify or supplement the information or data provided without prior notice.
(4) The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
This website is not intended to replace professional financial, investment or legal advice. Though we have endeavored to provide the most accurate and timely information available, some of this information is complex and subject to rapid change. As a visitor to our website, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on, or use of any information available on this website shall be entirely at your own risk. For accurate, up-to-date information on the local real estate market, please contact any licensed real estate REALTOR®.
Captain Vancouver uses the brand slogan "YOUR KEY ADVANTAGE TO SELL FASTER AND FOR MORE MONEY"
1. Since cash back is given on the completion date of each sale, our sellers do get "more money". The exact amount can be calculated at http://captainvancouver.com/cashback.asp
For example on the completion date of a sale for $900,000.00 the seller will get $1,013.25 cash back and $1,592.25 will be allocated for additional marketing.
2. The marketing department goes above and beyond the traditional approach of putting up a yard sign and listing on the MLS. Using the marketing dollars alocated, technology is leverged using online advertising techniques, and social media. Also each listing is placed on dozens of high quality websites around the world. Each listing is not only available on realtor.ca, but also by reciprocity agreement to hundreds of real estate brokerages and thousands of individual realtor websites in Canada. Since over 90% of home buyers shop online first, we believe this gives us a key advantage and enables us to sell faster than the old traditional approach. Since each listing has an a tangible advertising budget, this money is used for a custom marketing plan and targeted marketing to attract more attention to each sale. Results can seen through our proprietary data program providing statistics on each client dashboard. All this to increase visibility and to sell faster.
Ian Brett aka Captain Vancouver
Multiple Realty Ltd.
Vancouver, BC V5W 3C1
c/o Privacy Officer
©2019 Ian Brett. All Rights Reserved.